GainingEdge has established a new GainingWheels
program to provide wheelchairs to people who need them, but can't afford them. Our
goal is to provide wheelchairs every year in every place where we work. The fund
will provide wheelchairs to recipients that are nominated by our clients. For more
information, please contact Jane Vong Holmes.
Update on GainingWheels
Since the program's launch in Jan 2012, and with the invaluable ground assistance
by our clients/contacts in these cities, GainingWheels was able to provide wheelchairs
to the following:
- Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA. Nomination and ground assistance by GainingEdge
Asia office. Malaysian male stroke patient.
- Pozarevac, SERBIA. Nomination and ground assistance by Serbia Convention Bureau/Serbian
Foundation for Cerebral Palsy. Serbian young adult.
- Hangzhou, CHINA PR. Nomination and ground assistance by Hangzhou Tourism Commission/Hangzhou
Merry Journey Agency. Chinese male paralysed patient.
- Yokohama, JAPAN. Nomination and ground assistance by Yokohama Convention &
Visitors Bureau. Japanese elderly female stroke patient.
- Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA. Nomination and ground assistance by South Africa National
Convention Bureau. Paraplegic female.